About Jessica Treadway
Jessica Treadway - Quick Facts
- Favorite Activity (not related to writing): Tennis
- Favorite place to go when thinking through a plot issue or book idea: The woods next to my house.
- Favorite Author: Can’t pick just one, there are so many!
- Favorite Books: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, The Selected Stories of Andre Dubus, They Came Like Swallows
- Favorite Movie: Three Days of the Condor
- Favorite Pastime: Aside from writing: tennis and hanging out with my 7-year-old friend August.
- Favorite Speech and why: The Gettysburg Address. I memorized it as a kid and still recite it to myself when I can’t fall asleep. Its cadences and the power of the writing are mesmerizing.
- What do you most like about being an author: Being able to inhabit other people, even if they are ones I’ve created myself.
Do you teach on a specific topic?
I teach fiction workshops, sometimes literature classes on short fiction.
What else do you want to share?
I am a member of PEN and The Authors Guild.
- Absent Without Leave (story collections)
- Please Come Back to Me (story collections)
- And Give You Peace (novel)
- Lacy Eye (novel)
- How Will I Know You? (novel)
- The Flannery O’Connor Award for Short Fiction
- The Zacharis First Book Award (Ploughshares)
A story collection about people making moral decisions, and the consequences of those decisions; and a novel inspired by Anita Brookner’s novel Fraud.
My author website is jessicatreadway.com